Even in inclement weather, Jaunt makes every effort to provide the safe, reliable transportation our riders are accustomed to. However, there are times when mother nature necessitates that we revise our service offerings.
How do we make the difficult decisions to cancel or amend service when the weather or road conditions are hazardous? Jaunt monitors several weather forecasting sources; evaluates road conditions; and relies on assessments by law enforcement, the Virginia Department of Transportation, and the localities we serve. The safety of our passengers and drivers are our top priority. If we determine conditions to be unsafe based on those resources, we will cancel service.
How can you stay up-to-date on Jaunt service changes?
- Call our office at 434-296-3184
- Visit our website at ridejaunt.org
- Follow us on social media
If you are considering traveling in inclement weather, please:
- Contact your destination and confirm that it’s open for business
- Make sure your road is safe to travel on and your pathway to the bus is clear of debris, snow, or ice
If you decide it’s too dangerous for you to travel, call 434-296-3184 and press 2 for dispatch to cancel a same-day trip, or 3 reservations to cancel a future trip.
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
In observance of the Memorial Day holiday, Jaunt will be running limited service on Monday, May 31:
- Only critical medical trips in the rural area.
- In the ADA zone service will run with limited hours: 6AM – 9PM.
JAUNT provides no service on Christmas Day.
On the following holidays, JAUNT does not run in the rural areas (Nelson, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Louisa, and rural Albemarle Counties):
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day